Zdenka Cerny: The Greatest Bohemian Violoncellist by Alphonse Mucha - Art Print
Alphonse Maria Mucha (1860 - 1939) was a Czech Art Nouveau painter. However, he did a great many posters and prints. The period of his work has become known as the Belle Epoque. 'Zdenka Cerny,' an original art nouveau period poster by Alphonse Mucha, 1913. Mucha befriended the Cerny family when he gave a series of lectures at The Chicago Art Institute. He promised to paint a portrait of the second daughter in the family, a talented musician, when she became a virtuoso concert artist. The portrait he eventually painted became the basis for this poster, created for Zdenka's European tour of 1914-1915, a tour which was unfortunately cancelled because of the war.
- Posters are printed on heavy-stock, semi-matte paper
- Prints on canvas are gallery-wrapped, and will arrive unframed and ready-to-hang.
- The image will go around the edge of the stretched canvas, giving a greater depth to the art.
- The high-quality canvas is securely mounted over a sturdy wood frame for maximum stability and tautness.
- Giclee printing provides beautiful color accuracy with a smooth, acid-free surface that is perfect for framing.
The source of these posters is an archive of 15,000 vintage images along with the historical information on each.All files are stored digitally and are ready for reproduction in a variety of sizes and the quality is closely monitored to ensure satisfactory results.