Vanda Suavis by Henry George Moon - Art Print
Vanda Tricolor Var. Suavis is a very fragrant species found in Java and Laos with 2-3 inch flowers colored in white with reddish spotting and a purple lip. Its fragrance is similar to grape candy. The largest of the blooming plants grow to about 2-3 feet in leaf span.
The Vandua Suavis story begins in 1847. In that yearÂ John Lindley (1799-1865), an English botanist, gardener andÂ orchidologist,Â described reliable nationals given the name of an orchid Vanda Tricolor. Vanda TricolorÂ is a species ofÂ orchidÂ occurring inÂ LaosÂ and fromÂ Java,Â Bali, LombokÂ andÂ Sumbawa. It was imported to England from the western part of Java in 1846 byÂ Thomas Lobb, the collector for Veitch Nurseries. A year later, in 1849, Lindley again described a Vanda orchid he considered different from Vanda tricolor. Vanda was later described by Lindley as Vanda Suavis. Some experts regard the white Vanda Spotted this reddish purple as one of the varieties of Vanda Tricolor Var. Suavis name Vanda Tricolor, but those that are separated into distinct types of Vanda Suavis, the name Suavis meaning sweet or pleasant. The name was given because the flowers that have a shape, color and a typically sweet fragrance. However, for now Vanda Tricolor Var. Suavis name eventually became the official name of record at Kew Gardens.
About the Product:\n
- Posters are printed on heavy-stock, semi-matte paper\n
- Prints on canvas are gallery-wrapped, and will arrive unframed and ready-to-hang.\n
- The image will go around the edge of the stretched canvas, giving a greater depth to the art.\n
- The high-quality canvas is securely mounted over a sturdy wood frame for maximum stability and tautness.\n
- Giclee printing provides beautiful color accuracy with a smooth, acid-free surface that is perfect for framing.\n
\nThe source of these posters is an large archive ofÂ vintage images along with the historical information on each. All files are stored digitally and are ready for reproduction in a variety of sizes and the quality is closely monitored to ensure satisfactory results.