This edifice was erected in 1790 at the foot of Broad Way facing the Bowling Green. It was originally designed for the residence of General Washington (then President of the United States) but the Capitol being removed he never occupied it. It them became the Governor's house and was the residence of Governors George Clinton and John Jay. The building was subsequently used for the customs house from 1799 until 185 when it was taken down.1797/USA
The source of these posters is an archive of 15,000 vintage images along with the historical information on each. All files are stored digitally and are ready for reproduction in a variety of sizes and the quality is closely monitored to ensure satisfactory results.